Our mission is to operate the largest decentralized storage system in the world. Our Virtual Power Plant, that scales at extremely-low per-device cost, can be used to offer valuable services to utilities and system operators, transforming end-users into green, active and profitable stakeholders of the energy transition.
ThermoVault is headquartered in Belgium (Genk and Leuven), with access to laboratory and office space on the UC Berkeley campus. We are supported by professors from KU Leuven and UC Berkeley, UC’s startup accelerator ‘The Foundry’, Start It @KBC and Netwerk Ondernemen.
ThermoVault has developed an all-in software and hardware IoT platform for energy services that retrofits residential customers’ existing electric thermal appliances into energy-saving and lucrative grid-responsive energy storage devices. We currently control over 3 MW of storage in Belgium and France, with EU-certified Ecodesign savings between 12 and 28%.
About the job
You drive the back-end development of our steering solution:
- Develop and further improve our cloud infrastructures (Amazon AWS), ingesting
and processing large sets of distributed data sources (+100M messages per
month, growing rapidly)
- Develop monitoring and reporting system including front-ends
- Integrate with IoT appliances and partners, directly (IoT Hub) and over APIs
- Integrate forecasting, modelling and steering algorithms seamlessly into the
You will be collaborating with the IT and R&D departments on commercial and
innovation projects on a European scale.
Experience and skills can be gained in many different contexts. In one way or another,
you have successfully navigated complex situations and developed and deployed the
necessary tools in your career that in the short term will help monitor and steer several
thousands of connected appliances towards less and cleaner energy.
- Computer Science, or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as
engineering, software development, physics, or data modeling
- Experience working in a production software environment with time-series databases and Python code
- Experience with Cloud infrastructures (Amazon AWS), ingesting and processing large sets of distributed data sources
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- A team player, yet able to work independently without daily supervision
- Structured, organized, pragmatic and deliverable-focused. You can gather data and take the straightest, no-nonsense path to a solution
What’s in it for you
Become a part of a growing deep-tech company, operating at an intersection of energy, big data and IoT
Collaborate with ThermoVault’s team and industry leaders on introduction of new innovative technologies in the market
Flexible working location, with frequent visits to Leuven (company HQ)
Competitive remuneration package & benefits
Flexible working hours
You can expect a challenging and diverse job, with a high degree of personal responsibility and great prospects for your professional development. At first, you will be assisted in your new role by the sales manager and with more experience, become increasingly independent.
Get in touch
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the pre-selection process, we will contact you to schedule an online interview.