Our mission is to operate the largest decentralized storage system in the world. Our Virtual Power Plant, that scales at extremely-low per-device cost, can be used to offer valuable services to utilities and system operators, transforming end-users into green, active and profitable stakeholders of the energy transition.
ThermoVault is headquartered in Belgium (Genk and Leuven), with access to laboratory and office space on the UC Berkeley campus. We are supported by professors from KU Leuven and UC Berkeley, UC’s startup accelerator ‘The Foundry’, Start It @KBC and Netwerk Ondernemen.
ThermoVault has developed an all-in software and hardware IoT platform for energy services that retrofits residential customers’ existing electric thermal appliances into energy-saving and lucrative grid-responsive energy storage devices. We currently control over 3 MW of storage in Belgium and France, with EU-certified Ecodesign savings between 12 and 28%.
About the job
- Develop new tools in a Python/Linux environment for performance and reliability testing of our end-products, extending functionalities of our programming and calibration bench hardware
- Design and develop API interface to customers
- Participate in European innovation projects, developing prototype software for
steering heat-pumps and other heating appliances
- Work closely with your sales and project management colleagues, making sure
our technical solutions are programmed and ready for shipment to our
customers in several European countries
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer
You will be collaborating with the sales and IT departments on commercial and innovation projects on a European scale
- Good technical understanding of Linux operating systems, networking, API’s and
Python/C programming languages
- Passionate about programming, prototyping, IoT, and delivering robust solutions to customers
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- A team player, yet able to work independently without daily supervision
- Structured, organized, pragmatic and deliverable-focused
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both orally and in writing); any additional languages will be considered an asset
What’s in it for you
Become a part of a growing deep-tech company, operating at an intersection of energy, big data and IoT
Collaborate with ThermoVault’s team and industry leaders on introduction of new innovative technologies in the market
Flexible working location, with frequent visits to Leuven (company HQ)
Competitive remuneration package & benefits
Flexible working hours
You can expect a challenging and diverse job, with a high degree of personal responsibility and great prospects for your professional development. At first, you will be assisted in your new role by the sales manager and with more experience, become increasingly independent.
Get in touch
Send your resume to email@example.com. After the pre-selection process, we will contact you to schedule an online interview. l